Here at the Department of Labor we’re empowering transitioning service members to make informed decisions as they move into successful civilian careers. Developing sound financial habits is a key part of a secure financial future.
Some of the questions transitioning service members often ask include:
- How can I find a new job that compliments my skills and interests?
- Where can I find free local resources?
- How can I prepare for applying and interviewing?
- What benefits are available at my new job, and how do they differ from my military benefits?
- Am I on target to meet my retirement and other savings goals?
- How can I balance competing goals for my savings – like college savings, a new car or retirement?
These are all important questions, and the department can help you find answers.